I was REALLY excited about Christmas this year. Charlie seem to really understand what was going on. I knew Christmas morning would be fun. We stayed at Kev's parents house for most of it. Christmas Eve night Santa came by on the fire truck. I remember when I was a kid and seeing ride around town and stop at Uncle Joe's to see the kids. I think he was more excited about seeing the fire truck up close rather then seeing Santa. But he was pretty excited about his candy cane. When we got back inside, we left cookies and milk out for Santa along with Charlie's letter. This is the first year he's done that. For some strange reason I thought we would have to stay up until the early hours of the morning before we could put out their presents and eat the cookies. I think we ate them with in 10 mins of him falling asleep.
I headed to bed early knowing Christmas was going to be crazy like always.
here was our timeline for Christmas day:
8:20am: Charlie woke up, I told him we should check to make sure Santa came. Kev, Charlie and I headed down stairs. Luka was still sleeping. Charlie jumped right in. After opening his presents he wanted to open everyone else's too. We opened some of the stuff and put it together. Luka woke up about 8:45.
9:55am Headed to Aunt Debs for Brunch. Again opened more gifts. This year seemed much quieter then usually. Thank you for the family that actually wrapped the presents and didn't just handing them to him..he didn't like that too much. We had some yummy brunch and just chilled. We all had a great time.
1:30pm Headed to Steve's in Queens. Again it was nice and pretty quite with good food. Charlie and Luka made out like bandits with all the stuff they got for Christmas.
I believe we left around 6:30.
We were all exhausted by the end of the night. The rest is a blur. I don't think we did anything for the rest of the night.
The rest of our trip was busy except for Friday when we kind of just hung out. Saturday we saw the Murphys..then headed back to Aunt Debs. Just another family day. Charlie loved spending time with everyone.
Sunday we headed to Kev's Aunt Cathey in NJ. It took us forever to get there. Nearly 3 hours. We also took a little detour through the ghetto... that was uh intresting. We saw one house that was COVERED and I mean COVERED with bird houses.You couldn't see the fence that surrounded the house, and they were all over the front lawn. I wanted to take a picture put I was kind of afriad. We eventually made it there. It was really nice to see Cathey and Katie.
Monday we packed up, I had an ortho appt in Rockville Centre then we headed on the road. It took us forever to get home. We left around 4pm and didn't get home until after 11:30p. And I don't think we really hit any traffic, There was a 28 mile back up which we avoided by take State road 15, but Charlie told us he had to pee or the other thing like 15 times, plus we stopped for dinner, which took nearly 2 hours.
I'll have pictures up soon, we got really good ones..espesically of Mike.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment